Works to upgrade the intersection of the Federal Highway and Old Well Station Road to improve safety were recently completed.
The project has delivered:
- Installation of four-way traffic signals.
- Widening and realignment of the pavement on the Old Well Station Road approach to improve sight lines and increase right turn capacity.
- Increasing the length of the left and right turn lanes on the Federal Highway approach to cater for anticipated traffic demands.
- A new footpath on the east side of Old Well Station Road to improve access for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Access to EPIC along Old Well Station Road from the new signalised intersection has now been reinstated. Old Well Station Road will remain closed between the entrance gates to EPIC and Morisset Road to allow the next stage of works to get underway. In the coming weeks pavement rehabilitation works will commence in this section. Barriers, warning signs and directional signage will be erected to alert road users and pedestrians to the closures. We ask everyone to be mindful of the changed traffic arrangements.
This work is part of the Australian Government’s Roads to Recovery Program which supports the maintenance of the nation’s local road infrastructure, and facilitates greater access for Australians and improved safety, economic and social outcomes.